The current situation
Water is an increasingly scarce and contentious resource on our planet. 844 million people do not have access to safe water, while 1 in 3 people live without adequate sanitation.
In Italy, the average consumption per inhabitant is around 241 litres per day, confirming its leading position in Europe in terms of per capita water consumption.
Reduce the litres of water consumed each day by CAP users to reach the ambitious target of 180 litres per capita per day, bringing it closer to the European average.
PER-CAPITA LITRES OF WATER CONSUMED EVERY DAY
How to reach the target
- Introduce of individual meters that allow smart metering.
- Promote consumption of water from the first aquifer, not potable but suitable for uses other than direct human consumption.
- Education in schools, for the young and very young, on conscious water use.
- Communication campaigns and gamification of consumption for families aimed at reducing consumption.
€ 38.1 million
ALLOCATED BY CAP, IN THE 2018-2022 PERIOD, FOR THE TECHNOLOGICAL MODERNISATION OF ALL METERS
- Replace traditional meters with "smart" meters.
- Build new wells and adaptat existing ones.
- € 259 million in economic value distributed to stakeholders in 2018;
- about 45,000 meters replaced throughout the year thanks to the campaign to replace obsolete meters with smart meters;
- 72 first aquifer wells in the territory of 63 different municipalities;
- dissemination of a shared culture of sustainability among company personnel, thanks to the development of people empowerment initiatives.