The current situation
The creation of value by the company is increasingly crossing its borders. 2,200 billion is the amount spent on the purchase of goods and services by public authorities in Europe.
The need for innovation has also prompted 38% of Italian companies to carry out ''Open Innovation'' in 2016 by working with start-ups, creating an opportunity for growth of 35 billion euros.
Increase CAP's ability to generate value for the community
PERCENTAGE OF OPERATING MARGIN DERIVED FROM ACTIVITIES THAT GENERATE SHARED VALUE
(Analysis based on a reclassification of the CAP Income Statement)
How to reach the target
- Introduction of Green Public Procurement logics and standards.
- Collaborations with companies operating in the utilities sector at national and international level.
- Partnerships with companies from other sectors.
- Sharing of knowledge-intensive functions and know-how between companies.
€ 24.9 million
ALLOCATED BY CAP, IN THE 2018-2022 PERIOD, FOR THE CREATION OF A TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION HUB IN SESTO SAN GIOVANNI
- Functional and aesthetic redevelopment works of the site.
- Plant engineering works including: electromechanical works, air purification system, electro-instrumental works.
- CAP's Research Centre at Milan's Parco Idroscalo was inaugurated as an innovation centre for sustainable water management.
- New collaborations with the world of universities and research.
- Industrial synergies based on the principles of circular economy and the bioeconomy.
- Introduction of a vendor rating system aimed at monitoring suppliers in terms of sustainability as well.